Our cosmetic dental office can provide you with expert services designed to restore your teeth to their natural beauty. Chips, cracks, and discolorations can be repaired and removed to help you look your very best every day. We are qualified to perform a wide array of procedures and to provide you with the services you need to achieve the most attractive smile possible.
A filling is a way to restore a tooth damaged by decay back to its normal function and shape. When our dentist gives you a filling, she will remove the decayed tooth material, cleans the affected area, and then fills the cleaned-out cavity with a filling material.
By closing off spaces where bacteria can enter, a filling also helps prevent further decay. The material used for fillings is a composite resin (tooth-colored fillings). This Composite resin are matched to be the same color as your teeth and therefore used where a natural appearance is desired. Composites may not be the ideal material for large fillings as they may chip or wear over time. Our dentist, Paola Wainberg D.D.S., will tell you the best option on each individual case.
Zirconium is becoming one of the most chosen materials for dental crowns. Its many advantages include:
- Superior looks: as zirconia is white naturally, it allows the transformations to any shade which match with the rest of your teeth. Zirconia is translucent; thus, it mimics the translucency of your natural teeth.
- More confident smile: zirconia has no metal lining at the gums. Porcelain fused to metal crowns were popular earlier, however they have a metal layer underneath the porcelain layer which is on top of the crown. This fusion / metal lining is visible usually at the gum line. This is more evident when you smile. Zirconia crowns help you get over this and boost your confidence. You can also give zirconia any shape/ size to match the rest of your teeth.
- 100% biocompatible: no zirconia crown allergy has been reported so far.
- Extraordinarily tough: zirconia is the strongest crown, it can withstand wear and tear. It does not chip off, unlike porcelain. If you maintain it well, it can stay in your mouth forever. It is at least five times stronger than porcelain or porcelain fused to metal. It also tolerates chewing or biting forces well.
- They bond well with your tooth: zirconia crowns adhere well to your tooth. These crowns require less tooth removal than many other types of dental crowns.
- Metal free: now since looks are more important to people, they want to look natural and young. Some people also don’t like having metals in their body. Zirconia is most suited for them.
The aesthetic effects alone of a zirconia crown should be the biggest advantage it can give. It is important that you have dental crowns that will look natural especially if it will be placed at the front teeth and will be visible beside the natural teeth.
Zirconium crown will not only replace a tooth but it can be shaped so that it will look better than the one it will be replacing. This is why you can spot that perfect natural looking smile anytime.
The fact that this material is biocompatible means that it is safe to stay within your mouth for a long time. There is no need to worry about any adverse / allergic reactions from your body because it is not rejected by the human body.
Do not hesitate to ask our dentist Paola Wainberg D.D.S about this and other dental procedures.
Contact Us Today!
We encourage you to contact our dental office today to learn more about general dentistry and to discover how we can care for your smile. We look forward to seeing you!